SMTP outbound relay setup?
We have offsight 3rd party hosted exchange email. Apparently, we can not receive email messages from one of our new onsight storage appliances because it can't send email that requires any authentication. Their suggestion was to set up an SMTP relay to take emails from the storage appliance, and simply pass them on through our offsight exchange using some set credentials. I have installed a default SMTP virtual server under the IIS manager on one of our Win2k3 Standard 32-bit boxes, and emails from our storage appliance have begun to appear in the C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue folder on that server. However, they don't go anywhere after that. They just sit there. Clearly the SMTP service is not passing these emails along to our exchange server. I'm stuck here. I have no idea which information is missing from the SMTP configuration, neither does our hosting firm. Thanks for any info that might help, IE, Masquerade domains, fully qualified domains, and smart hosts are completely foreign terms to me, and our hosting company. TB
June 10th, 2010 3:58am

Hi there, Please post your question under the exchange / outlook forum http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2010 12:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics