SMTP Adapter

Hello, 

I am trying to use SMTP Adapter to send e-mail notification with original FILE NAME in Subject line or Text Body of the e-mail. How can i achieve this without using orchestration

• Edited by btmsdnuser Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:48 PM
January 7th, 2014 10:28pm

To answer your specific question, you would use a custom Pipeline Component to compose the SMTP.Subject context property using FILE.ReceivedFileName as one of the sources.

However, using an Orchestration is easier and there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 7th, 2014 11:08pm

Boatseller is right!

you should using an Orchestration to do it is easier,

If you do not want using Orchestration please refer to

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nabeelp/archive/2008/09/11/sending-an-html-email-without-an-orchestration.aspx

If would you like try to use SMTP Adapter to send e-mail without deploy biztalk project form visual studio (only simple scenarios and not flexible ^^) use can create static send port in Biztalk Server Administration with SMTP Adapter and then configuration SMTP server, user, password, subject, text body...

Regards,

January 8th, 2014 6:25am

I am able to resolve this by simply adding macro "%SourceFileName%" in Subject line of SMTP adapter.
  • Marked as answer by btmsdnuser 21 hours 7 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2014 9:24am

I am able to resolve this by simply adding macro "%SourceFileName%" in Subject line of SMTP adapter.
  • Marked as answer by btmsdnuser Friday, January 17, 2014 2:20 PM
January 17th, 2014 5:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics