SMS OTP OR QA Gate for different sets of users in one environment

Hi

I'm busy designing a solution for a client and one of their requirements is to use both the SMS OTP gate AND the QA gate, BUT for different sets of users.

So, a certain group of users in AD can only use the SMS gate, while others can only use the QA gate. Take an example of students and teachers... Students don't always have mobile phones, especially the younger ones, and thus cannot make use of the SMS OTP gate, BUT teacher account might have access to resources and require a more secure manner of restting personal passwords, thus the requirement of SMS OTP.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can display the correct gate to the user based on a attribute or something, especially as the reset site allows anonymous access... so no way for me to know the 'who' beforehand...

Any ideas or suggestions welcome...

Thx

Q

June 30th, 2013 8:26pm

You can't customize who sees which gates within a single workflow, but you can create alternate versions of the Password Reset AuthN Workflow for different audiences, which sounds like it will fit your situation very nicely.  The long-form SSPR Deployment Guide describes how to set it up, how to customize the MPRs, etc.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2013 6:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics