SMS Help Desk group security and remote access
I am in need of help for an issue we have identified. We have a separation of duty between Help Desk and Infrastructure Operations (Servers). The issue is our help desk has too much access to assets on our network. We want them to have computer access for remote access to workstations. However, we would like to stop them from having server access. We have found a group on certain servers called SMS Help Desk (On servers, Local Groups -> Config Mgr Remote Users). We do not know if this group has been added manually or if it is part of SCCM. I need to know that plus how to determine if it was a manual add by someone. Notes from the initiative below: Status: On servers, Local Groups -> Config Mgr Remote Users SMS Help Desk is added To Do: 1. Figure out how this gets populated? GP or SCCM. They say most likely it is SCCM. 2. Remove anything in Config Mgr Remote Users 3. If it is SCCM, how do we split desktops & servers? Under System Center Config Mgr -- Site Database -- Security Rights -- Rights -- there is a right set up for sms help desk to remote control - all computers remote controlled by a specific user. 1. Does this apply to servers as well as computers? 2. If so, is this permission pushed to the servers or was it manually done?
December 9th, 2011 4:56pm

I would also like to mention that this issue spans across the following platforms: Windows Server: 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2011 5:05pm

Hi, As this problem is more related to the configurations of Configuration Manager, I suggest you create a new thread in System Center Configuration Manager Forums. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/category/configurationmanager Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Regards, Bruce
December 14th, 2011 3:02am

Hi, As this problem is more related to the configurations of Configuration Manager, I suggest you create a new thread in System Center Configuration Manager Forums. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/category/configurationmanager Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 14th, 2011 10:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics