SLA shows down

Hi all,

we have scom running in our environment, The issue is SLA report shows slightly down for service , although the service is up and running at duration , want to know what are the causes of this issue.

• If scom has a connectivty issue with the servers does the SLA also affected or not.

August 23rd, 2015 5:00am

Hi,

Are there any related alerts?

You could create a customize view to review the all state alerts.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 4:24am

Hi all

we just want to know if SCOM is going to down for maintenance . Does this effect the SLA Report ...

Regards

September 8th, 2015 3:15am

Hi,

I will answer to your first question.

It depends on how you have configured or what is default settings of dependency monitor in your distributed application for which you have defined SALs.

Dependency monitor have a section "Monitoring Unavailable and Maintenance Mode" where you can configure how to treat states like maintenance mode or monitoring unavailable (which is in case when the monitoring data is not available, most of the time because of connectivity issues). This setings are available on "Health Rollup Policy" tab.

How many dependency monitor do I have in my distributed apllication? Basicaly every component group is implemented with dependency monitor. The assumption is that services are built in distributed application designer.

Regards,

Ivan

September 8th, 2015 3:41am

Thanks IVan,

Below is the default setting in Dependency monitor section,

Monitor Unavailable = Ignore

Maintenance Mode = Ignore.

Please advise is this ok ?  need to be change for not showing SLA downtime when there is some connectivity issue.

Waiting your reply  

September 8th, 2015 5:03am

Any Idea please...

September 8th, 2015 8:55am

Hi Experts,

Any idea please if Scom Server is down , does this effect the SLA...

September 10th, 2015 5:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics