SFTP Adapter

Hi,

I configured 10 receive location with SFTP adapter. location for all receive location is same and we are using masking. So I am recieving SCOM alert for SFTP adapter.

Alert: [New] XXXXXX.XXXXXX;XXXXXX.. BizTalk Server: Availability Monitor raised an Error on Adapter

So My question is that is one recieve location disable other receive location when it is pulling file from SFTP.

June 18th, 2015 8:08am

Hi Anurag,

This should not be the case . You can have multiple SFTP receive location configured within BizTalk .

I would suggest to see any event log on your BizTalk machine for additional information . Also try creating different

host instance and SFTP receive Handler for adapter and change your configuration accordingly .

Thanks

Abhishek

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 18th, 2015 8:16am

Hi Abhishek,

Ya Biztalk can have multiple sftp receive location but i want to discuss that multiple sftp location configured with same URI . When one location will receive file ,will it disable other location or not?

Regards

Anurag Prajesh

June 18th, 2015 9:31am

Did you try it?

Are you having a specific problem?

So long as the URI is different, which includes the mask, you can have multiple Receive Locations pointing to the same folder.

Now, whether or not that's a good idea is a different question.

June 18th, 2015 10:58am

Hi,I dont think it will be any problem to have multiple sftp receive location pooling the same receiving folder with different file mask . I dont this will be any reason to stop any of your receive location .

Thanks

Abhishek

June 18th, 2015 11:42am

Hi Johns/Abhishek,

yes , its not a problem but i want to identify the scenario when multiple sftp location pointing same folder with different masking. Because i received scom alert for same sftp location.

kind Regards,
Anurag Prajesh

June 19th, 2015 3:39am

Hi Anurag,

It may be some other reason your SFTP receive location is triggering warning .You need to look into event logs for any specific errors or warning  .

The error generated by SCOM is very generic and does not say what is going wrong with your environment .

The business scenario  you have depicted is well know scenario were we can have multiple receive location pointing to same folder.

Thanks

Abhishek 

June 19th, 2015 5:40am

Hi Abhishek,

In Error Log i found message "SFTP downloading error : connection closed" for all sftp location.
Yes ,you are right The business scenario i have depicted is well known scenario.

Thanku Abhishek

Kind Regards

Anurag Prajesh

June 19th, 2015 6:16am

Hi,

There may be some connection/rights issues with your SFTP receive location .You may try FileZilla to see whether you are able to make successful connection with SFTP receive location .

Thanks

Abhishek

June 19th, 2015 6:41am

Hi Anurag,

It may be some other reason your SFTP receive location is triggering warning .You need to look into event logs for any specific errors or warning  .

The error generated by SCOM is very generic and does not say what is going wrong with your environment .

The business scenario  you have depicted is well know scenario were we can have multiple receive location pointing to same folder.

Thanks

Abhishek 

June 19th, 2015 9:39am

Hi Anurag,

Thanks

Abhishek 

• Proposed as answer by Kjetil Tonstad Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:43 AM

Hi Anurag,

Thanks

Abhishek 

• Proposed as answer by Kjetil Tonstad Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:43 AM

Hi,

There may be some connection/rights issues with your SFTP receive location .You may try FileZilla to see whether you are able to make successful connection with SFTP receive location .

Thanks

Abhishek

June 19th, 2015 10:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics