SERVER DISCONNECT PROBLEM
Dear Concerni m using server 2003 sp2 with a network of 30client systems exchange server also running on server but from one month i m facing a lot of problem of dissconnectionbetween clients and server for a minute or two.when i check it while pinging to server from client it shows message of Request timeed out and after a minute or two reply again receives from server and during discconection server also stuck.after restarting the server machine this problem solved and happened only one time whole day.can you help me regarding this problem bcoz now day by day dissconection problem increasing.waiting for your help and early response.regards,Farooq Maalik
April 14th, 2009 1:33pm

I'm wondering if you may have an ARP issue or possibly a duplicate ip address on the network? Do you have this device plugged in to a switch or a hub?Eric Irvin, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:Enterprise Admin, CISSP http://www.diggingup.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 14th, 2009 10:01pm

thanks for your reply.i already checked but there's no duplicate address on the network.and device plugged to a switch. and i also changed the switch with new one but the problem didn't solved.kindly advise is there any other option to solve that problem..??
April 15th, 2009 12:16pm

Not sure this is the best forum for finding a solution for this - as this is for IT Management discussions and not for deep technical trouble-shooting. It does sound like you have some failing hardware someplace - either bad cable, NICs or NIC drivers. You said you tried another switch, so it's probably not that.Hopefully the people in the forum I move this thread to will have some better ideas.Kevin Remde US IT Evangelism - Microsoft Corporation http://blogs.technet.com/kevinremde
April 21st, 2009 11:22pm

hi there, i would say for discussing windows networking related queries, we have only 2 prime forums a) platform networking b) network infrastructure server forumsas kevin said there might be severaldependencies pertaining to the issue. i would say to have complete system update both server and the client. Issue with the ICMP will boil down to faulty NIC driver / switch port to which clients are connected and also the DG make sure you have updated NIC drivers. also please do have a thorough system check for virus / malwarequestions=======does this behavior happens with specific clients ?from when this issue has starteddoes the issue occur on specific subnet or all the subnets. does this issue happens with specific iprange Ping localhost return 127.0.0.1 ?sainath Windows Driver Development
April 22nd, 2009 2:28pm

Thanks for your reply.server disconnection problem solved now.i look at my network including server and clients and i found that theres difference in subnet on server & on clients.after changing the subnet on all the systems by same one disconect problem didnt happen again.i m really thankful to all of you peaople once again.regards,Farooq Maalik
April 24th, 2009 10:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics