SC VMM 2012 SP1 fails to install on Server 2012

Hey all,

I need help with installing SC VMM SP1 on my Server 2012 machine. I have set up a SQL Server 2012 database on another machine, created a new database, assigned a new AD user as the database owner, and made that user an admin on the local machine that I am installing VMM on. The installer connects to the database and begins installing. It passes installing SQL Server 2012 Management Objects x64 and then begins rolling back the installation with no warning. The Manager Console installs perfectly fine and is not rolled back by the installer. What I am unable to install is the management server. No information is given by the installer as to what the error could be.

I am aware that there are logs in ProgramData\VMMLogs. If you would like me to provide logs, please tell me which log to clip information from and I will gladly post the text here.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Browsing through the log files, I found a line before the rollback begins that may be of interest:

----

ProcessInstalls: Running the PreprocessDelegate for PangaeaServer threw the following exception:  10.204.251.33 cannot resolve with DNS.

Ensure there is network communication with the DNS server. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator.

----

10.204.251.33 is the IP of the machine running SQL Server 2012. It is set to use my DNS server (.5) for DNS resolution. I can ping the DNS server from that machine and from the machine I am trying to install VMM on.

• Edited by aglasser Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:23 PM
July 18th, 2013 3:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics