SCVMM in azure
Hi. I want create proces, that build definition will create test agent in azure dynamically and execute test in this VM . It's possible use SCVMM in Azure? Which scenario can I use?
  • Edited by Max Karyonov Monday, January 26, 2015 4:41 PM
  • Moved by Charles-Li Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:03 AM
January 26th, 2015 7:41pm

Hi Max,

I will move it to the Virtual Machine manager forum for a better response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 27th, 2015 6:02am

Hi,

Based on my understanding, you could Integration the Orchestrator+Azure or Orchestrator+SCSM+Azure+SCVMM.

Please refer to the links below:

AutomationOrchestrating Windows AzureSolving the Public Cloud Puzzle with System Center 2012 SP1

http://blogs.technet.com/b/privatecloud/archive/2013/02/22/automation-orchestrating-windows-azure-solving-the-public-cloud-puzzle-with-system-center-2012-sp1.aspx

Deploying a VM to Windows Azure with Orchestrator leveraging the Service Manager CMDB Part 1

http://blogs.technet.com/b/privatecloud/archive/2013/07/25/deploying-a-vm-to-windows-azure-with-orchestrator-leveraging-the-service-manager-cmdb.aspx

January 27th, 2015 9:58am

SCVMM does NOT mange Azure. 

You could spin and twist and exert a number of hours and make something that originated from SCVMM and hooks and drives Azure - but I don't think recommending something like that would be prudent.

You can script the Azure interface with PowerShell, and run through an entire build, deploy, test scenario - all the necessary pieces are there.

You can build tests in Visual Studio that utilize its hooks into Azure for test.

I don't know if Visual Studio Test / ALM has hooked Azure quite yet or not - I have not been keeping up with that product.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 27th, 2015 6:42pm

You'll need to wait for TFS 2015 for build integration from TFS to Azure...the lab management feature set...see the latest updates from Brain Harry on the topic. blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2014/12/17/a-new-visual-studio-online-and-team-foundation-server-features-timeline.aspx
January 31st, 2015 4:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics