SCVMM Network Virtualization - Forwarding gateway
Hi All,

I have scvmm set up in a lab and am looking to get network virtualization working in various different scenarios.

At the moment I have 2 clusters: 1 for "production" and 1 for virtualization gateways.

The production cluster hosts  management and tenant vm networks and the virtualization gateway cluster has a single host setup as a dedicated virtualization gateway and hosts a RRAS vm configured as a network service.

My tenant VM network is configured for direct routing and my Network service is configured with the following string:

VMHost=lab6.lab.com;GatewayVM=nvg1.lab.com;DirectRoutingMode=True;FrontEndServerAddress=10.0.0.27

I have a physical layer 3 switch with routes configured for the PA network and a default route to the internet.

VMs on my tenant network can contact servers on my physical management network and vice versa (on different subnets) but cannot access the internet. I assume that my tenant network is missing a default route but I'm not sure where to configure it - the VM network gateway is created automatically and I don't seem to be able to configre RRAS on the network service vm.

Thanks in advance.
  • Edited by tuscan01 Monday, March 17, 2014 1:22 PM
March 14th, 2014 2:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics