SCVMM 2012 SP1 Update Rollup 7

Hello,

I applied the Update Rollup 7 to my SCVMM 2012 SP1 server which is running Server 2012 STD. I logon to this server and use the console from there because I have a SCVMM 2008 R2 console on my laptop and haven't found a way to run both consoles on the same machine. With that being said when I look at my update history I see that I have the following updates installed : Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Administrator Console (x64)(4) - Update rollup 1, 3, 4, 5. Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server (x64)(6) - Update Rollup 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. 

When I open up the SCVMM console and look at the version history it says version 3.1.6018.0 when I've read that if UR7 is installed I should be at 3.1.6084.0. I'm not sure where I went wrong on the install? Any help is appreciated. Also, do I have to do anything to the hosts that SCVMM 2012 is managing? Thanks

January 28th, 2015 2:28pm

Another thing I noticed was when I go to the VM properties and look at the options for "Operating System:" Server 2012 R2 is not available. Server 2012 is the latest option to select from.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2015 9:04pm

Hi Pat,

Please refer to following article , it seems that before you install Rollup 2 you may need to uninstall rollup 1 :

http://blogs.technet.com/b/scvmm/archive/2013/04/23/update-on-system-center-2012-sp1-update-rollup-2-ur2-for-virtual-machine-manager.aspx

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

January 29th, 2015 6:07pm

Thank you for that article! I uninstalled Update Rollup 1 under the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Administrator Console and also under the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server categories and restarted the server. I then opened the console and verified the version which is now 3.1.60.84.0 which is the latest updates.

Do you happen to know if the agents on the physical servers need to get updated?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2015 6:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics