SCSM deployment with 38000 AD user

Hello All,

I'm currently working on deploying some request offerings in an environment with a high number of AD users.

The total number of users within the domain is 38000+

In some service offerings we want staff to select a username, but  in the default setup this is not workable..

By default the query returns only 2000 users and omits the rest.
When upping this to 38000 to include all the users, the query times out and no users are returned.

I was wondering how you guys are doing this in large deployments.

How do I cope with such a high amount of users within the CMDB?

I look forward in reading your replies!

Thanks!

Filip

September 9th, 2015 9:54am

I'd have an additional input before the user selection of something like "Type a department name" or "Type a manager's name" this way you could feed the query before the result is returned. Then again, you could possibly utilize the Office Location field of AD and the query is "Location starts with..."

It probably goes without saying (but i'm typing, so it works) that it also comes down what do employee's in the organization reliably know about one another to where the request is obvious and not difficult to fill out.

All in all - the idea is the person filling out the request is actually building the query.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 3:47pm

I recommend adding a simple text prompt.

In your query prompt, use the value (token) in the text prompt to filter the objects returned.

Whenever a user changes the value in the text prompt, they'll have to "refresh" the query prompt results, but it will give your users the flexibility the narrow down the objects returned and keep you within the performance limits of the portal.

edit: Adam beat me to it.

September 9th, 2015 3:52pm

I recommend adding a simple text prompt.

In your query prompt, use the value (token) in the text prompt to filter the objects returned.

Whenever a user changes the value in the text prompt, they'll have to "refresh" the query prompt results, but it will give your users the flexibility the narrow down the objects returned and keep you within the performance limits of the portal.

edit: Adam beat me to it.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 7:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics