SCSM 2012 console crashes

Hello ,

SCSM console crashes when i try to open the Service requests forms.It happens only when i open the closed requests.Below is the error.

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: MIISDOYLP4JANZLHYCZWCU3FX1QY0RNK
  Problem Signature 02: 7.0.5000.0
  Problem Signature 03: 50acb084
  Problem Signature 04: System.Xml
  Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 4ca2ba8e
  Problem Signature 07: 6c1
  Problem Signature 08: 27
  Problem Signature 09: System.Xml.XmlException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID: 1033

Below is the event veiwer log.

System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(TextReader txtReader)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Applications.ServiceRequest.Common.UserInput.UserInputViewModel.InitializeUserInputCollection()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Applications.ServiceRequest.Common.UserInput.UserInputViewModel..ctor(IDataItem instanceItem)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Applications.ServiceRequest.Common.DataSourceHelper.GetUserInputDataContext()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Applications.ServiceRequest.Forms.ServiceRequestForm.OnActivitiesDataLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Application.Common.ActivityTab.NotifyDataLoaded()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Application.Common.ActivityTab.ActivitiesQueryCompleted(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GenericForm.FormUtilities.<>c__DisplayClass4.<FetchAndMergeSubProjectionAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult result)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.AsyncResultBase.NotifyOperationCompleted(Boolean operationCompletedSynchronously)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.DataQueryBase.set_QueryState(DataQueryState value)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.QueryQueue.CompleteExecuteQuery(Object sender, ConsoleJobCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ConsoleJobsService.RaiseJobEndedEvent(Object args)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ConsoleJobsService.JobThreadContext.Dispose()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ConsoleJobsService.JobThread(Object state)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.UIThreadFactory.<>c__DisplayClass2.<HandleWork>b__0(Object )
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.UIThreadFactory.HandleWork(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

There is no custom SR form created. Can someone suggest on this?

Regards

GJ

December 17th, 2013 6:16pm

Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. Does this happen for all users? 

2. Are you an Admin for the system? 

3. Has it been this way from the beginning? 

4. Do you have another Management Server you can point your console to test? 

5. What version of SCSM are you running?

6. Does this occur from the console on your local machine or on the Management server itself?

Thanks

- Christopher

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 2nd, 2014 6:39am

Please find the below answers.

Yes it happens for all users.

Iam an admin.

No.

No.we have only one management server.

SCSM2012 sp1.

Happens in both local machines and  management server.

Thanks.

January 2nd, 2014 6:47am

Thank you for your responses.

Do you recall any changes to the environment when it was working, that may have caused it to stop working?  What UR level of SP1 are you on?  The most recent is UR4.  If you are not on UR4, I would try that first to see if that resolves the issue.  Also, you could try spinning up another Management Server and connect to it to see if the problem persists.  Also, does the Management Server have all of its Windows patches installed?  What OS level is the server?

- Christopher

January 2nd, 2014 7:25am

From the looks of the error message, it seems that there is a problem with the form itself.  Have you done any modifications to the form with the Authoring console?

January 2nd, 2014 8:08pm

I have the same issue , any news on this?
January 3rd, 2014 9:15pm

Hi Nuno,

Please see the above questions from both of my posts.  Also, please see the question posted by Foothill1.  Can you please provide answers to those questions?

- Christopher

January 3rd, 2014 10:26pm

I'm having the same issue, with a brand new 2012 R2 environment.  Happens on a workstation and the mgt server when opening my very first completed service request.

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: MIISDOYLP4JANZLHYCZWCU3FX1QY0RNK

Problem Signature 02: 7.0.5000.0

Problem Signature 03: 522c3fa7

Problem Signature 04: System.Xml

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 51e9fc46

Problem Signature 07: 6e0

Problem Signature 08: 27

Problem Signature 09: System.Xml.XmlException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

January 8th, 2014 3:08am

Aall, are you using the default Service Request form or has it been customized.
January 8th, 2014 6:25pm

I have not used the Authoring console to do any customizations. 

I think i have my issue figured out.  I've built a Runbook automation activity for a service request, and my orchestrator runbook updates the service request at the end of the runbook using the 'update object' activity .  The situation occurs (the console crashes when opening a completed service request), only when my runbook is configured to update "user input" within the activity.  If I update the 'description' instead, it does not crash.

January 8th, 2014 10:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics