SCSM 2012 UR6 (fix for AD and SCCM connectors)

The installation information for SCSM 2012 R2 UR6 indicates that  SCSM2012R2_OD_KB3064088_AMD64_7.5.3079.402.exe (the fix for the AD and SCCM connectors hanging) must be installed on the PRIMARY MANAGEMENT server.

Does anyone know if there is any issue if this is also installed on a secondary management server?

I am just thinking - in the event of an issue with my primary server and I need to promote my secondary server to a primary server, this isn't something I might remember to install at that time.  I figure if I just install it on the primary and secondary now, I wouldn't have to remember to do it later on.

Thanks.

June 25th, 2015 1:58pm

You should install the UR6 on all SCSM components in the following order:

• Data Warehouse server
  • Primary Management server
  • Secondary Management servers
  • All analyst consoles
  • Self-Service Portal

Source: Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager

Installation instruction:

1. ....

2. ....

3. ....

4. Make sure that the update is installed on the Service Manager components in the following order:

• Data Warehouse server
  • Primary Management server
  • Secondary Management servers
  • All analyst consoles
  • Self-Service Portal

Hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 3:53pm

Please review my question - it was regarding specifically the OD patch which is specifically for the SCCM and AD connector hanging problem.  I have read the installation documentation and realize that the CU needs to be installed on all SCSM components, I was asking specifically about the patch SCSM2012R2_OD_KB3064088_AMD64_7.5.3079.402.exe that was released on May 25 (a month after UR6)

June 25th, 2015 3:56pm

you should always apply all updates to all servers. for this specific patch, the patched components will only ever be used on the workflow management server, but you should still install it on other management servers in case you ever have cause to promote a management server.
June 26th, 2015 1:06pm

you should always apply all updates to all servers. for this specific patch, the patched components will only ever be used on the workflow management server, but you should still install it on other management servers in case you ever have cause to promote a management server.
  • Marked as answer by Sara T 15 hours 8 minutes ago
June 26th, 2015 5:06pm

• Marked as answer by Sara T Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:07 PM

• Marked as answer by Sara T Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:07 PM

Yes, once you make a decision to upgrade a component of SCSM, upgrade the entire SCSM environment.  If you ever had to promote a secondary server that is on a lower UR, it will only cause you varying degrees of headache and will likely come with lots of fun and exciting event log errors to sort through. 
June 28th, 2015 11:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics