SCSM 2012 Request Offering Simple List Reverts to Default Value after "Back" button

I have a Request Offering that contains a Simple List with a few values.

When the user:

1. Selects a value from the list
  2. Clicks on the Next button (on the Request Offering, not the browser Forward button)
  3. Clicks on the Back button (on the Request Offering, not the browser Back button)

... the selected value on the Simple List control has reverted back to it's default value.

Note, if the user doesn't back up in the wizard and clicks Submit, the system creates an SR with all the user specified values as expected.

Is this a bug in the SSP? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Mike

March 6th, 2012 2:02am

Mike,

I haven't tried out this specific scenario myself but it does sound like a bug to me. Please file a bug at Connect.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 19th, 2012 6:20am

Mike,

I can reproduce this behavior with a simple list. What is your connect bug id, so I can vote for it?

Have you tried the other prompt types, is this the only one who has this behavior?

Dennis

March 27th, 2012 10:00am

I can also reproduce this bug.

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel Osorio

Relevo AB

May 11th, 2012 9:51am

Still there with SCSM 2012 SP1 UR2...

There's something else: say your list hast four options. Option 1 is default. If you select option 2, it will change to it. If you try to select option 1 again, the text seems to be select (blue background) and you can't select it again. Confirmed in two different SCSM Systems...

J

May 8th, 2013 2:43pm

Any update regarding the issues mentioned in this thread?

I have exactly the same issues, when you click back, the Simple List control reverts back to it's default value and if you select an item in the simple list and then select another item you will not be able to reselect the first item again.

July 2nd, 2013 10:09am

Any update to this issue?

I've run into this issue with a customer and will have to revert to using Enumeration Type.... I was hoping the Simple list would do though as I wanted to use a simple String type in the extended SR...

Thanks,

September 24th, 2013 3:12am

Any update on this? 

I have the same issue.

December 14th, 2013 8:36pm

Hi,

This is a known issue and there's nothing new around to share about it for the moment. Sorry.

Regards
//Anders

December 16th, 2013 8:02am

Hi, Still a problem with scsm 2012 r2... But It does the same with enumeration type lists also? How can this be fixed???
March 23rd, 2015 6:43pm

Hi Tommi,

My previous post is still current I'm afraid. Nothing to do about it other than hoping for a fix from Microsoft.

Regards
//Anders

March 24th, 2015 5:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics