SCSM 2012 Reports not showing

In my SCSM environment, the SQL Reporting Services is on a remote server, so after the special installation, I managed to get it running and i can launch reports via console or via web browser; 

But lately when I launch the console it shows this SQL reporting services not availalbe error, but it seems to be fine on the web interface, so I don't know why. there is nothing change in terms of configuration.

here i attach the screen shot.

Thanks!

June 1st, 2012 11:24pm

Hey

Are you maybe using a different user account that does not have permissions on the reporting services infrastructure? Check this --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch/2011/01/28/reporting-permissions/

Or you may have a problem with the DWH jobs. Check the Data Warehouse wunderbar in the console for job errors

Or did you make firewall configuration changes?

regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2012 5:42pm

Are you also able to communicate with your DW server on the following ports?

1433, 5723 and 5724.

Perhaps you have a firewall issue.

F.

June 5th, 2012 10:39am

Hi, Kelly

Thanks for  your input; I use local console on the server which also has this error.

Patrick

June 7th, 2012 8:21pm

Thanks, Marcel; I verified all your article mentioned, still the same...

Patrick

June 7th, 2012 8:23pm

Hey

Hmmm, that means YOU CAN connect to the Report Server Website by using a browser (e.g. http:///scdw.itnetx.ch/reports)?

June 7th, 2012 9:00pm

yes, I can see all the report via browser, but not via console.

Thanks,

June 7th, 2012 9:05pm

ok, then it seems that you have a permissions issue. check the SQL lof files. also check if the SM Data Reader account has permissions on the Folders on the Reporting Services Server.
June 7th, 2012 9:08pm

also, remember that applying permissions with SQL 2008 R2 SSRS is different to applying permissions on sql 2008 SSRS.

It is handled/applied on the SSRS Webpage.

June 8th, 2012 8:57am

it's interesting that when I use console on a desktop, I have no problem getting into all the reports, but in the server I can't!

P

June 28th, 2012 6:50pm

Hey

Do you have other Proxy Settings on the Server that prevent you from reaching the SSRS Website?

regards
Marcel

June 28th, 2012 9:03pm

There is no proxy settings in the server

i just found this error in event viewer when I launch console with the error message, it says unauthorized... however using the same user account to connect via console in another PC without any issues...

This is the full message here:

Cannot connect to SQL Reporting Services Server.  Message= An unexpected error occured while connecting to SQL Reporting Services server: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.ReportingService.ReportingService2005.FindItems(String Folder, BooleanOperatorEnum BooleanOperator, SearchCondition[] Conditions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.EnterpriseReporting.FindItems(String searchPath, IList`1 criteria, Boolean And)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.EnterpriseReporting.FindItems(String itemPath)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.EnterpriseReporting.FindItem(String itemPath, ItemTypeEnum[] desiredTypes)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.EnterpriseReporting.GetFolder(String path)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.EnterpriseReportingGroup.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.ServiceManagerReportingGroup..ctor(DataWarehouseManagementGroup managementGroup, String reportingServerURL, String reportsFolderPath, NetworkCredential credentials)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.ServiceManagerReportingGroup..ctor(DataWarehouseManagementGroup managementGroup, String reportingServerURL, String reportsFolderPath)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ManagementGroupServerSession.TryConnectToReportingManagementGroup()  Remediation = Please contact your Administrator.

June 28th, 2012 11:21pm

Hey

Hmm, strange. Running out of ideas. Could it be a UAC Problem? What if you are running the SCSM console as Administrator?

regards
Marcel

June 29th, 2012 8:50am

We see this every time we reboot our SQL server.  Haven't found a solution, but our work-around is to reboot the SQL server, then:

1) reboot the management server

2) reboot the warehouse server

3) reboot the web server.

It clears the problem for us.  I feel it's an SPN problem, but we're still investigating.  Based on your latest error (permissions) there might be a problem with the service account registering the SPN.  

DS

August 6th, 2012 5:19pm

I saw that before with one of my customer and the answer was simple "Make sure that all servers has the same time and timezone"
December 2nd, 2012 5:08pm

Hi All,

I have faced the same issue, SQL Reporting URL is working fine on Data warehouse and Reporting Server but prompting for Password again and again in another Servers like SCSM Management server.

It is resolved by Registering SPN for SQL-SVC account.

Read doc attached in link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff679930.aspx

Read page no. 13 in word doc

Commands will be

To add SPN with computer name

setspn -A HTTP/contoso domain\rssvcacct

setspn -A HTTP/contoso.domain.corp.company.com domain\rssvcacct

Note:

1. In above command contoso will be Datawarehouse Reporting Server

2. SQL Reporting Service Account is rssvcacct.

3. SQL Reporting is installed on Data warehouse and Reporting Server, Its DB is created on Remote SQL instance.

July 26th, 2013 5:53am

July 26th, 2013 6:04am

Issue was related with SPN, just register SPN and you can see SQL Reportserver URL ouput from Management server, close Console and Reopen it, it will show All Reports.

July 26th, 2013 6:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics