SCSM 2012: Strange Queue SLA Bug

We're in the process of scoping down our User Roles and I'm coming across a strange condition which I think might be a bug.

We have multiple teams within our organisation, each team has their own Support Group and SLA. We have created separate Queues and SLA's for each team.

For example:

Support Group = "Tier 1"

Queue (Tier 1) = All Incidents where Support Group equals "Tier 1"

SLO (Tier 1) = Is targeted at "Queue (Tier 1)"

This is what I've found, if I create a new User Role based on "Incident Resolver" and grant that Role access to to everything, that is tick the "All XYZ can be accessed" in each section of the wizard, the user can see the 'SLO Description', 'Target End Date' and 'Time before SLO Breached' in the incident form.

However, if I then limit this user role to 'Queue (Tier 1)' only, keeping everything else the same this information disappears from the view.

After some more investigation I found, if you select 'All work items can be accessed' under Queues this information shows, however if you tick a couple of individual queues manually or tick all of the queues manually you get this bug. It only works when selecting 'All work items can be accessed'.

We might have to raise a case, quite difficult to explain on the forum. But wanted to post it in case others have come across this issue.

• Edited by SJM_ Monday, October 15, 2012 4:42 PM
October 15th, 2012 4:37pm

For the benefit of others I thought I'd update this post.

The solution to this problem can be found here and here.

Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 27th, 2015 4:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics