SCSM - How to make a field required

Hi,

I'm new to SCSM - Incident Management.  I would like to "require" that the resolution category be filled in before the incident can be closed, is this possible?  If so, how.

January 4th, 2012 7:11pm

Hi Mary,

Sorry, that's not possible.

Regards
//Anders

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 5th, 2012 12:15am

Is it possible to have a different Incident Resolution list based on template used?
January 13th, 2014 10:35am

What does it mean 'based on template used'? Do you want to change a resolution list when a template is being applied?

January 13th, 2014 10:52am

Yes

For example if there is an incident for an Application then a specific resolution category list will display.  But if there is an incident for a keyboard issue then a different resolution category list is displayed.  Each Incident has its own template.

January 13th, 2014 11:16am

Well, now I see. If you don't want to create your own Resolve console task, that's impossible. But you are ready to create your custom task you can filter unnecessary enumerations in ListPicker control depends on the classification applied.

Creating your own Resolve task is not a simple thing because you have to take into account the different scenarios based on Incident's settings (parent-child. etc.) but you might dare. Or make an order for SCSM tailors.

January 13th, 2014 11:29am

How would I create my own Resolve Console?
January 13th, 2014 12:13pm

In Visual Studio
January 13th, 2014 12:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics