SCOM stopped sending email notifications

Hello,

Im facing a really weird behaviour of my SCOM 2012 server. It has stopped sending mail alerts.

I have a test rule, that works with a script logging some event in the system event viewer and the rule sends a mail about that, and this works so fine.

But in the other hand, the real alerts about my systems and servers, are not getting sent.. And i don't know from where to start trouble shooting this...

Thanks for your help in ad

November 23rd, 2013 2:55pm

Have you tried bouncing the scom services on the server hosting the notification role?  I would do that.  Also, if SCOM is relaying mail via Exchange or a UNIX relay, then you might want to ask those ops teams if they are seeing any mail coming from your scom email address.  Most of the notification outages I have experienced, are either a SQL issue, but mostly related to severe config churn and the health service on our RMS having issues.  Bouncing the services resolved it for the most part.  This is SCOM 2007 R2, but I suspect the issue may still be present with the new version of scom if your system is under a h
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2013 5:55pm

Lotfi,

Check to ensure that the subscription for those notifications is set to enabled and not disabled.

Kind Regards,

Tom

November 23rd, 2013 7:11pm

That reminds me...another trick I have used is to disable the sub, then re-enable it.
November 23rd, 2013 9:03pm

My experience in solving

1. Check whether any alert generated on SCOM console

2. Check whether rule,monitor which generated the alert are in email subscription criteria

3. Check whether the subscription rule has group criteria and servers which generate alert is a member of that group

Roger

November 24th, 2013 12:39am

hello,

in the last days, i made some tests and checked the database free space, i thought this might be related to notifiation process... last night i found that the dataware house db was nearly full, less than 9Megs free space...

i talked to our db administrator, and he added 2 gigs to the database, but i still don't receive anything...

i found too, in the system event viewer where scom resides, a lot of 10830 errors stating that the system was not able to insert an alert in the database. the problem, is, this error still appears in the event viewer...

microsoft hopeless guy, i confirm that everything was fine, and nobody has access to the administration of scom except two or three persons...

tom ziegler, the notifications are enabled

black mengotto, if you say that there's a problem with the mail server, then how could it be that the notification test rule i talked about can send email notification?

thanks in advance for your help!!!!

November 26th, 2013 10:13am

Ah, I thought your notification wasn't working at all.  I would disable a notification rule, and recreate it and ensure it is enabled.  I have had to recreate notification rules in the past.
November 26th, 2013 11:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics