SCOM alert : warning The total number of failed TDDS

Hi All,

In one node of our PROD BizTalk server giving continuous warning for "The total number of failed TDDS". I have restarted and stopped tracking host instance sometime then also getting same email notification". Performance count for BizTalk: TDDS -> Total failed event =6.

Please suggest..

Reagrds

Suman

June 30th, 2015 1:41pm

Hi Suman ,

Can you verify what is the event log entry in this case . It will give us better idea to tell you what is going wrong within your environment . You also check the dbo.TDDS_FailedTrackingData table in the BAMPrimaryImport database, if there are any entries, the error description will be in the errMessage column.

Thanks

Abhishek

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2015 1:58pm

both i had checked ..there is no logs in event viewer and table also empty..
June 30th, 2015 2:09pm

According to http://mpwiki.viacode.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=164354 the threshold for this counter in the BizTalk Management Pack is 5 (which fit the fact that it was reported as being 6 on the alert). 

Restarting tracking host instances can resolve issue temporarily but as per MS, reducing tracking in your live environment is recommended, which (of course) also make this error disappear.

Refer: SCOM alert on "The total number of failed TDDS batches" but no error details found

June 30th, 2015 2:10pm

Hi Suman ,

Have you validate  BAMPrimaryImport.[dbo].[TDDS_FailedTrackingData] table . There can be potential two reason's 

1) ESB exception management DB"s also used TDDS for getting properties information from BizTalk Prmiary import table . In this case you need to modify certain things.

Under Microsoft.Practises.ESB Application you need to modify the SQL send port .

Right click on this send port and open the pipeline configuration of ESBFaultProcessor Under the sectionStage 1: Encode Component ESB BAM Tracker changed the Enabled settings to False, this is true by default.

2) You need to decrease the level of port tracking which you  have on your individual Application .  I would suggest that on individual host instance used you should remove the tracking and let the default host instance responsible for tracking purpose 

Thanks

Abhishek

June 30th, 2015 2:32pm

Hi Suman ,

Have you validate  BAMPrimaryImport.[dbo].[TDDS_FailedTrackingData] table . There can be potential two reason's 

1) ESB exception management DB"s also used TDDS for getting properties information from BizTalk Prmiary import table . In this case you need to modify certain things.

Under Microsoft.Practises.ESB Application you need to modify the SQL send port .

Right click on this send port and open the pipeline configuration of ESBFaultProcessor Under the sectionStage 1: Encode Component ESB BAM Tracker changed the Enabled settings to False, this is true by default.

2) You need to decrease the level of port tracking which you  have on your individual Application .  I would suggest that on individual host instance used you should remove the tracking and let the default host instance responsible for tracking purpose 

Thanks

Abhishek

June 30th, 2015 6:28pm

Hi Suman ,

Thanks

Abhishek

Hi Suman ,

Thanks

Abhishek

Hi Suman,

Have you created Dedicated Tracking Host for the tracking purpose.

July 1st, 2015 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics