SCOM Systems randomly send snmp packets thru wrong interface
Hello, My SCOM environment is composed by 1 RMS, 2 MS monitoring 870 network devices (SNMP), and 1 MS monitoring 40 windows servers (Agent). All operating systems are Windows 2008 R2. I configured a rule to process the cisco trap Authentication, that is send by the switches when, for example, an unauthorized device tries to read snmp counters data. All SCOM servers are multinic with a configuration similar to: Interface 1 (VLAN 10) IP: 10.10.10.10 Mask: 255.255.224.0 DNS: 10.10.10.100 Interface 2 (VLAN 5) IP: 10.5.0.5 Mask: 255.255.0.0 Recently I had do add a new interface to monitor some snmp devices connected to a different network: Interface 3 (VLAN 100) IP: 193.138.100.150 Mask: 255.255.255.128 Gateway: 193.138.100.254 Since I enabled interface 3, the switches connected to VLAN 5 started to randomly generate authentication traps saying that the VLAN 100 IP address of the management server that manages them is trying to communicate but is not authorized My questions is: 1-If the system has one interface connected directly to a network, why some times the snmp packets are sent thru other interface. This is a critical problem for the network team because it causes a lot of false “network device is down ” alerts and the alert generation is often suspended because it exceeds 50 alerts. I tried strong host configuration, flush dns, interface binding, and static routes, without success… the problem remains. Any help is appreciated
June 30th, 2011 2:08pm

Can I get a route print output? You can send it to blrforum at microsoft .com if you will. Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2011 11:34am

Offcorse, í'll send a route print output, but i don't know what is blrforum. I searched at microsoft.com but i didnt find information about it. Thank you in advance.
July 13th, 2011 1:36pm

Hi, Please send email to blrforum-at-microsoft-com Thanks.Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
July 13th, 2011 1:42pm

Hello Ketan, I allready sent the route print to blrforum.
July 14th, 2011 2:02pm

Using an IP calculator, we could not locate an IP address in the range of which the server are using. As a result these adapters would use the default gateway (by default) as this is the least cost. Perhaps the route print output was from the wrong server? Can you please verify which server this output was taken from? We could not find the IP addresses listed in the thread in any of the route print output.Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
July 20th, 2011 9:38am

Hello, I sent another email with the missing information.
August 5th, 2011 3:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics