SCOM Subscription ID Display Name

SCOM 2007 R2 - The notifications include a subscription ID (like 15f1a18c-2a08-205d-c83e-c9aedb8ee395).

Does anybody know what's thje variable which represents the Display name and other properties of a subsciption which i can add to the notifications ?

TIA

July 29th, 2010 1:24am

Hello Prakash,

Run the following command from a Command Shell prompt to return the DisplayName for this Notification Subscription

Get-NotificationSubscription -id <GUID> | ft DisplayName

Replace <GUID> with the GUID you posted here.

Thanks,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 2nd, 2010 11:07am

Thanks - i knew how to get using the cmdlet. The question is is there a variable which can be included in the notification subscription (Similar to $Entity/DisplayName$ etc.) that will automatically put the appropriate id in the alert being sent over a specific subscription. 
August 2nd, 2010 11:46am

Did you get a working solution to this question?  I am trying to do the same thing, I believe.  I would like the name of the Subscription sent in the email notification.
May 10th, 2011 4:50pm

i don't remember exactly but i had gotten some hints from this spreadsheet..

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2009/09/23/alert-notification-subscription-variables-and-linking-that-to-the-console-database-and-sdk.aspx

May 10th, 2011 5:20pm

I have Tried checking the excel provided in the Link , but I am not able to Figure which parameter helps in ascertaining the subscription ID.

Did you find an Fix for Finding out the Subscription ID.

May 14th, 2013 1:33am

It must be,

Get-ScomNotificationSubscription -id <GUID> | ft DisplayName

for Scom 2012 r2

be aware,

Best Regards,

mit Can TRKER

April 8th, 2015 7:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics