SCOM Performance Report Data not showing

Hi,

I have scom 2012 which is implemented in a distributed environment, everything is working fine but System performance reports doesn't show data of last 2 days, i have followed the technet link ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2573329 ), staging and aggregation is working fine but still last two days data doesn't showup.

Would highly appreciate if someone can help.

September 3rd, 2012 11:44am

This is only happening in "Performance by system" Reports as shown below:

• Edited by AdeelKhan Monday, September 03, 2012 3:10 PM
  • Proposed as answer by Aamir Ul Hassan Wednesday, September 09, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Unproposed as answer by Aamir Ul Hassan Wednesday, September 09, 2015 3:16 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2012 2:55pm

Hi there,

It's quite possible that you are having data insertion issues with your environment. I've seen this a few times in the past wherby short term performance data gets logged and shows up in reports, but long term data is discarded.

Check out this post from Kevin Holman on how to check for and troubleshoot data insertion problems:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2008/04/21/event-id-2115-a-bind-data-source-in-management-group.aspx

Kevin.

September 5th, 2012 3:34pm

couple of questions:

- are other performance reports showing the same behavior?

- Are you seeing in Management Servers error events related to Data Warehouse?

to start troubleshooting this, I would first confirm if only this type of data is missing, or not.

also I would filter opsmgr event logs in management servers, by "health service modules" and "data warehouse" and check for errors.

Thanks

Jose.

September 6th, 2012 3:09am

Dear Kevin,

I have gone through the provided link and things seems pretty smooth 2115 event which is mentioned in that link is apearing 5-7 times a day only. All the other reports are working fine as well. It is only this specific report which is making problem.

Adeel

September 6th, 2012 8:47am

hi,

i have scom 2012 on SQL 2008 R2, and i am faceing the same issue exectly.

i have only 2-5 event of 2115 in 24 Hours, and only this report is showing like this.

i also have a sided Test Environment that has exect the same issue.

September 10th, 2012 10:14am

Hi Dima,

Have you tried to open up a case with Microsoft.. as i have also searched the internet but couldn't find any resolution....do update me if you finds any clue or fix for it...I have also posted a comment to Kevin Holman but havent received any reply as of yet.

Regards,

Adeel Khan

September 10th, 2012 5:56pm

Hi,

Facing same issue. If anyone got the solution please share.

Thanks

Iftikhar

February 13th, 2013 6:17am

Hi,

Same issue here.

Anyone is able to resolve this ?

Cant find the solution on the net.

October 9th, 2013 8:40am

Hi,

i was facing the same issue and i have contacted Microsoft Support.

As per Microsoft this report is offering long term data (Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly).

And as per report structure The daily aggregation will begin once the hourly are done for the day (in UTC).The aggregation time is triggered on UTC timescale. 

When the aggregation is done, it will do the aggregation for yesterdays data not for todays data. Thats why when you run the report you cannot see the data for todays or yesterday.

Aamir
September 11th, 2015 6:42am

Hi,

i was facing the same issue and i have contacted Microsoft Support.

As per Microsoft this report is offering long term data (Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly).

And as per report structure The daily aggregation will begin once the hourly are done for the day (in UTC).The aggregation time is triggered on UTC timescale. 

When the aggregation is done, it will do the aggregation for yesterdays data not for todays data. Thats why when you run the report you cannot see the data for todays or yesterday.

Aamir
September 11th, 2015 10:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics