SCOM Event ID 20050, 21016 and 20070

Hello,

I am having trouble with monitoring all of scom 2012 sp1 agents, non of agent reporting to scom server.

On every agent machine event 20050, 21016 and 20070 are getting created. All the agents are in same domain, i checked firewall, DNS and registry settings and they looks fine.

I tried uninstall and re-install of agent but no luck.

October 15th, 2014 5:16pm

Just going to ask about basics things first... did you set the Management Server to act as a proxy for agents?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2014 6:35pm

Yes, Its enabled under Management Server properties.

Should i disable it?

Also wanted to add multiple Warning event ID 29120 .. Padding is invalid on SCOM Management Server.

October 15th, 2014 11:24pm

Let the proxy be enabled. Don't change it on Management Server.

Could you please check in Administration --> Device Management --> "Pending Management" if the agents are reporting. If yes, please Right click and Approve. The it will come to "Agent Managed" view.

October 16th, 2014 3:26am

Hi,

These errors means an agent has authentication issues. Are these agents in the same Active Directory forest with the management server? 20050 is "wrong certificate OID" if memory serves. Please provide details about your environment so we can help better.

October 16th, 2014 3:41am

Hi Suresh,

All the agents are in "Installation in progress", i can't approve them.

October 16th, 2014 3:41pm

Hi Alexey,

All the agents and management server are in same active directory forest.

Yes, i can see "server authenication" and "client authentication" OID error. But i am confused why do we need certificate based authentication for agents in same AD forest?

October 16th, 2014 3:49pm

Hi Ali,

First link is for non-domain scom agents but in my case all are in same AD forest.

Second link,,, i already tried restarting DAS many times also tried bouncing the server but no luck...

Thanks..

October 16th, 2014 3:53pm

Can anyone confirm that do we need certificate server (Internal CA Server) for in domain SCOM agent to communicate with Management Server?
October 20th, 2014 7:46pm

If you are deploying agents from the same forest where the RMS / MS is located then certificate is not required.

Certificate is required as follows:

Monitoring a workgroup agent
Monitoring a Agent in another domain / forest but trusted
Monitoring a untrusted domain / forest (Require gateway with certificate)

October 21st, 2014 2:15am

Hi All,

I got the same issue on my RMS and every thing was fine. But still could not find out what was the exact issue.

My RMS and Agent are in the same AD domain. But i get 20070 on the agent. 

I did all the cache clearing, Re installing and all those stuff. But still did not work.

I did the same in the RMS but still the same issue.

I deleted the Agent from console. Startd the Healthservice on the Agent and the agent appears in Pending management.

Still the same issue. The RMS Says there is a agent which is not a part of the MG is communicating and the Agent gives 20070 Events.

Then i added the SCOM Action account on the Agent to the local admins group and it solved the issue.

The agent which was in not monitored became healthy.

Eventlogs says it got the management packs and stuff.

Now the strange part is. There was a security group added in the Administrators group on the agent. And the SCOM Action account account was a member of that.

I still dont understand what difference did it make adding the Account separately.

Later i removed the account and it still works without any issue.

Hope this helps any one having the same issue.

Also expecting a explanation on this from some one who knows what was the accrual issue here.

June 19th, 2015 4:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics