SCOM DA as Business Service in SCSM

All,

We have SCSM 2012 R2 CU6 and SCOM 2012 R2 CU6 installed. 

I have a question regarding the import of configuration items from SCOM via the SCOM CI Connector. I'm trying to import distributed applications as business services in SCSM. I managed to get one of my DA's imported. But another one, related to 'Active Directory Topology Root' is only partially importing... the SCOM Alert Connector syncs successfully 100%, the SCOM CI Connector also syncs 100% but with errors. When I go and check the eventvwr on the SCSM server I see multiple warnings around the time of syncing with id 34094. The detail of the event is as follows:

Connector Name=OpsMgr CI Connector, Id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cannot create part of service map [Active Directory Topology Root]. 
Skipped component: <name of DC/RODC>. 
Class of skipped component: Health Service.  
The component <name of DC/RODC> is defined in management pack System Center Core Library. Check for prior errors that indicate if importing a missing management pack can help resolve this issue.

There are no other errors/warnings indicating that an MP is missing. I also checked the versions of the MP's between SCSM and SCOM and they are the same.

If I check the business service, I do get to see a two level business service in service components. This view consists of the following elements:

Service Components

> <domain name>

I don't know if this is important but I do get this warning twice per DC or RODC. The warnings contain the exact same message and are all within the same syncronization. Also, the sync id is the same for each error.

So, I do know it works. I have one (self created) DA imported, but when I try to import a DA that was the result of a Microsoft mp, I have an issue. I also do not get the connection of the warning with the System Center Core Library.

As a test I checked if I could find a DC or RODC configuration Item in SCSM. And the DC and RODC CI's are present in SCSM...

I don't know how to get past this, if there is anyone who has seen this before or if someone @ Microsoft can explain this or point me in a (any) direction, that would be highly appreciated.

Kr,

Tom

• Edited by Tom Camps 18 hours 22 minutes ago
September 8th, 2015 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics