SCOM 2012 R2 on Windows Server 2012 R2 console crash

I have a brand new install of Windows Server 2012 R2, SCOM 2012 R2 with all the latest windows updates available.  Whenever I go to the authoring/overrides section I get a pop-up dialog re: the Microsoft .NET framwor / unhandled exception "A generic error occurred in GDI+ - Also my 'scope bar' has a red X through it - see screen shot.  I can continue, and use the console, but it's annoying.

Any ideas?

November 26th, 2013 5:52pm

I believe you have it scoped to include all. Remove the scope of all and it will still display all targets.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 26th, 2013 6:35pm

I'm less concerned about the scope bar as I am the .NET error I keep getting.
December 2nd, 2013 3:26pm

Hello B. Wright,

did you found any solution to fix this?

Thanks in Advance and kind regards

B. Nawrath

December 10th, 2013 7:19pm

No I haven't.  I just keep dealing with the pop-up, and continuing through it.
December 10th, 2013 7:26pm

Actually, this does not fix the "red x" issue.  I selected only the 'agent' object, and it does not display all targets as you suggested it would.

December 10th, 2013 7:30pm

I am running SCOM 2012 R2 - no need for SP1 or UR3, as I understand it.
December 10th, 2013 9:05pm

Excuse me, my fault. I skipped the "R2" while beeing happy I found another person with that problem. So it might be a problem with 3rd party managment packs. The difference between our two scom instances is an imported dell pro mp in the faulty one. Maybe it is a worth consideration.

December 10th, 2013 9:15pm

I don't have any 3rd party MPs loaded.  Any MPs in this instance have been from the MS catalog, or developed in the Console.
December 12th, 2013 11:20pm

I am also getting this error on my windows 8 pc when opening up the Authoring console. Has anyone figured out what's wrong or if this is a bug?
January 10th, 2014 9:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics