SCOM 2012 R2 Update Rollup 3 SQL Script error

Hi everyone,

we're in the process of installing a SCOM infrastructure into our datacenters.
We have installed all the needed components (RMS, Operations Console, Gateway Servers, Reporting Server...) and I installed the Update Rollups 3 on each system / role. Now when I run the first SQL script (UR_Datawarehouse.sql) as mentioned in the KB2965445 against the OperationsManagerDW Database I get the following errors:

The module 'PerformanceAggregate' depends on the missing object 'DebugMessageInsert'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.
The module 'PerformanceAggregate' depends on the missing object 'DebugMessageInsert'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure GetStateDaily, Line 63
Invalid object name 'vManagedEntityMonitor'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure GetStateHourly, Line 63
Invalid object name 'vManagedEntityMonitor'.

Are these messages because of the total new installation of SCOM (we don't even have any managed servers yet, since we're still in the process of the installation of SCOM) ?

Can I ignore those messages or should this first be "fixed"?

Thanks and best regards,

August 18th, 2014 8:46am

Have a look at Kevin Holman's blog post about how to update to CUR3 (im assuming your updating SCOM2012R2).

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2014/08/07/ur3-for-scom-2012-r2-step-by-step.aspx

He also mentions that there is a know issue with the script.

IF YOU GET AN ERROR STOP!  Do not continue.  Try re-running the script several times until it completes without errors.  In a large environment, you might have to run this several times, or even potentially shut down the services on your management servers, to break their connection to the databases, to get a successful run.

Technical tidbit:  This script has been updated in UR3.  Even if you previously ran this script in UR1 or UR2, you must run this again.

August 18th, 2014 10:46am

Hi Martin,

thanks for that link. However I already tried to run it multiple times, stopped the services on the SCOM Servers and even reinstalled all of them! The same errors appear every time I run the script.

Regards,

August 19th, 2014 6:21am

Hi,

Have you installed SCOM all components successfully? And did you install the update rollup package on the following server infrastructure by the given order:

• Management servers
  • Gateway servers
  • Web Console Server role computers
  • Operations Console role computers

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2014 3:18am

Hi Yan Li,

yes I've installed all components successfully and I followed the right order by updating the components.

Regards,

August 25th, 2014 5:46am

please check the following
1) Before running SQL script in management studio console, make sure that the user has required permission in operations manager DW and also the operationsmanagrDW is selected
2) Check whether the stored procedure "DebugMessageInsert" exits in operationsmanagerdw can you has user right in calling the store procedure

Roger

August 25th, 2014 7:26am

please check the following
1) Before running SQL script in management studio console, make sure that the user has required permission in operations manager DW and also the operationsmanagrDW is selected
2) Check whether the stored procedure "DebugMessageInsert" exits in operationsmanagerdw can you has user right in calling the store procedure

Roger

August 25th, 2014 7:26am

Hi - I have run up against the same issue when running the SQL script against the datawarehouse database:

Invalid object name 'vManagedEntityMonitor'

The PerformanceAggregate stored procedure is created and the DebugMessageInsert infact does not exist.

I have inherited this from someone else. SCOM was originally 2012 but has been upgraded to R2.

Have gone straight to UR4 (as servers did not have any previous update rollups applied).

Did you figure this one out? Can anyone share the missing vManagedEntityMonitor stored procedure?

Thanks

Si

December 12th, 2014 2:37am

I have found the answer

First the vManagedEntityMonitor is not created until the SCOM Management Server is healthy (Check your SCOM Management Server/Management Servers State in SCOM Console and see if they are GREEN!).

The reason my Management Server wasn't healthy was revealed was releavled to me by checking the Operations Manager Event Log Events with ID's 7002 & 7015

These events told me that I hadn't granted the Data Reader and Data Warehouse accounts Log on Locally rights... 

The events said that The Health Service could not log on the RunAs account (Both the Data Warehouse Write account and Data Reader Accounts)

To fix it I granted both accounts the Log On Locally Right and restarted the whole of SCOM, I then waited a day to let it settle down and checked that the Management Server Health State were Green.

Next I checked in the OperationsManagerDW/Views that the vManagedEntityMonitor view had been created and at that point I could then successfully run the UR_Datawarehouse.sql SQL script and complete the UR4 upgrade.

Hope this helps you.

April 15th, 2015 8:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics