SCOM 2012 R2 UR4 upgrade - UNIX/Linux RunAs account keeps locking after UR4 update applied.

I recently applied the UR4 update and installed the new UNIX/Linux SCOM agent on our UNIX/Linux machines. For some reason the UNIX RunAs Account keeps locking. The account will intermittently lock once an hour and cause the UNIX/Linux machines to go grey in the console.  After 10 minutes the account will unlock, but this causes a problem because we'll have a false alarm every hour with our UNIX/Linux agents.

We've rechecked and re-entered the password for the UNIX RunAs account in SCOM and the PW is correct.

Any idea what can be causing this account to constantly lock?

Thank you.

March 26th, 2015 1:07pm

How many UNIX/Linux system are being monitored? Is it possible one of the systems does not have the account configured on it or the password in incorrect on one of them. Since the same account is used across all systems, if one of them is incorrect I could see it locking the account and affecting all systems.

You can turn on TRACE logging [scxadmin -log-set ALL verbose] on each UNIX/Linux agent and should be able to see if there are permission problems in the logs under /var/opt/microsoft/scx/log. Once done make sure you reset logging [scxadmin -log-reset].

Regards,

-Steve

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 2:00pm

Thanks for the reply Steve.

We are monitoring 400+ agents.

Is there an easier way to tell which agent might be the culprit. :)

Thanks

March 26th, 2015 4:21pm

I would think that one of them should throw an alert in SCOM when all the others are working. Check the Windows Event Viewer under OperationsManager on the SCOM server and see if there are any alerts for the UNIX/Linux systems. If you are using Resource Pools you may have to check each SCOM server in the pool.

-Steve

March 26th, 2015 4:26pm

I would think that one of them should throw an alert in SCOM when all the others are working. Check the Windows Event Viewer under OperationsManager on the SCOM server and see if there are any alerts for the UNIX/Linux systems. If you are using Resource Pools you may have to check each SCOM server in the pool.

-Steve

March 26th, 2015 8:20pm

-Steve

March 26th, 2015 8:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics