SCOM 2012 R2 Reporting is down

Hi All,

Reporting is down in SCOM 2012 R2.

Environment and issue: I have a small management group which consists of two MS and a SQL DB which is clustered. The reporting binaries have been run on node1 of the DB server only and the node 1 only has the follwing registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center Operations Manager\3.0\Reporting,\ DWDBInstance 

Now , all the sql resources are on Node 2 and when i run the report it says : 

Reporting Services Error

February 20th, 2015 11:53am

Hi There,

Does your action account have correct permissions on SQL Server (Sysadmin & public) and does your SCOM data writer account and reader account have full SCOM permissions ?

Also can you post the SSRS Logs here ?

Located in the SQL Installation directory and in the reporting folder.

My SQL Server 2008 has it here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Post the content of the latest logs here for analysis.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 3:37pm

Hi,

As SQL cluster is not supported for operaion manager reporting(more information, please check Operations Manager Reporting Supported SSRS Configurations ), it is suggest you to move your data warehouse to another SQL:

How to Move the Data Warehouse Database

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh268492.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Moving the Data Warehouse Database and Reporting server to new hardwaremy experiencehttp://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/08/25/moving-the-data-warehouse-database-and-reporting-server-to-new-hardware-my-experience.aspx

In addition, although cluster is not supported, someone else really have this done, you may refer to Moving Operations Manager Data Warehouse Database part in the below article,and you may find registry keys and databases that needed to verified.

SCOM DataBases Migration to SQL Cluster

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Yan Li

February 21st, 2015 8:16am

Hi Gautam and Yan ,

Thank you much for your replies. Looks like I have found the work around. Earlier the reporting was working fine with the Windows Cluster name in the reporting link but there was a maintenance by the vendor on the server after which it ceased to work. I later had verified the SSRS logs and the logs were erroring on node 2. So I substituted the SQL Server cluster name in the link instead the Windows Cluster name and it worked like a charm.

In the background, the windows cluster was unable to find and point to the right[well configured] SQL reporting instance, where as the SQL cluster could do that as it is much aware about the reporting nodes , so it worked !! Issue resolved. However reporting is not clustered in true sense , it is just that it is pointing /directing reporting requests to node1 even at a time when all resources are on node 2 !! :)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2015 1:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics