SCOM 2012 R2 Network Monitoring error

Hi Gurus

I am having a weird issue with SCOM network monitoring. I previously discovered and monitored network devices using recursive network discovery. Today I suddenly discover that all my network devices under Administration-->Network Management-->Network devices are all gone!!! So I use the discovery rule that I previously had, re-ran it on one of the core switches, the previously discovered column displays the same number of network devices as there were previously but the network devices option is still empty. The core switch that I ran the discovery on is now under network device pending management and the error being no response SNMP. If I want to delete that core switch from pending management, I get the error "An object of class MonitoringConnector with ID xxxx was not found". I can also see an internal connector named network devices pending management. I can't see anything else related to network devices under internal connector. How can I resolve this issue and start monitoring the network devices again, I am completely stumped!!!

As an idea, if I delete the internal connector, try deleting the device pending management, delete the discovery rule and try rediscover the network device, will that work? I am a bit scared that if I delete the internal connector, I cannot recreate it. I also want to know that whether I can delete the network device pending management by running SQL queries on the SCOM Database? 

Please help, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dipan

• Edited by Dipsg Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:50 AM added information
January 22nd, 2014 2:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics