SCOM 2012 R2 EMS event 26004: unable to open the DhcpAdminEvents event log on computer in other domain

Our environment runs SCOM 2012 R2 with 3 management servers and a couple of gateways for domains that aren't trusted.

One of our managment servers in our domain logs event 26004 every 12 minutes about one of the DHCP servers in one of the untrusted domains. The exact message:

The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the DhcpAdminEvents event log on computer 'server1.externaldomain.com'. The Provider has been unable to open the DhcpAdminEvents event log for 583920 seconds.

Most recent error details: The RPC server is unavailable.

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.Windows.DHCPServer.2012.FailoverServerWatcher.UnitMonitor.LostCommunicationWithfailoverPartnerServer 
Instance name: server1-server2
Instance ID: {4469B696-1E9F-3FE2-536B-3635E13732DC} 
Management group: ManagementGroup

There's 3 of these right after eachother, each with a different affected workflow.

Server1 is being monitored just fine via the gateway of 'externaldomain.com', but somehow the management server in our own domain tries to read the eventlog of server1. I'd suspect that this should be done by the gateway instead of the management server.

I already tried to reboot the management server and renstalling the client on server1 as well, with no improvement.

Is there any way I could fix this?

September 9th, 2015 8:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics