SCOM 2012 R2 Agent Issue: Error 25211.Failed to install performance counters.. Error Code: -2147024809

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy SCOM 2012 R2 agent onto a domain controller and I get the following error "Product: Microsoft Monitoring Agent -- Error 25211.Failed to install performance counters.. Error Code: -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.)."

I've installed the agent successfully onto 4 other domain controllers with out any issues.</p><p>The domain controllers are all VM's running on VMWare and are Windows Server 2012 R2.

I've rebuilt the Perfmon Counters based on this article:&nbsp;https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2554336?a=wsignin1.0

I've also enabled verbose logging on the msi installation:

InstallHSPerfCounters: Custom Action Data. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\
InstallHSPerfCounters: Installing agent perf counters. 
InstallCounters: LoadPerfCounterTextStrings() failed . Error Code: 0x80070057. momv3 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\HealthServiceCounters.ini"
InstallPerfCountersHelper: pcCounterInstaller->InstallCounters() for the default counters failed. Error Code: 0x80070057. HealthService
InstallPerfCountersLib: InstallHealthServicePerfCounters() failed . Error Code: 0x80070057. 
InstallPerfCountersLib: Retry Count : . 
InstallCounters: LoadPerfCounterTextStrings() failed . Error Code: 0x80070057. momv3 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\MOMConnectorCounters.ini"
InstallPerfCountersHelper: pcCounterInstaller->InstallCounters() for the default counters failed. Error Code: 0x80070057. MOMConnector
InstallPerfCountersLib: InstallHealthServicePerfCounters() failed . Error Code: 0x80070057. 

Any help on this would be great.

April 27th, 2015 10:20pm

Hi

You might wanna check this solution here http://blogs.technet.com/b/predrag_oparnica/archive/2014/02/21/error-25211-failed-to-install-performance-counters.aspx

Cheers,

Stefan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 1:34am

Hi Stefan,

This is a Windows Server 2012 R2. The solution and update is for Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012.

Cheers,

Mike

April 28th, 2015 1:51am

Hi

Did you try this

The agent can be installed using the NOAPM switch. From a command prompt with Admin rights I used:
MOMAgent.msi /qb NOAPM=1 USE_SETTINGS_FROM_AD=0 USE_MANUALLY_SPECIFIED_SETTINGS=0 MANAGEMENT_GROUP=MGname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_DNS=servername.domainname MANAGEMENT_SERVER_AD_NAME=servername SECURE_PORT=5723 ACTIONS_USE_COMPUTER_ACCOUNT=1 AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement=1

Cheers,

Stefan

April 28th, 2015 1:58am

Or this https://viruk67.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/system-center-operations-manager-2012-agent-error-25211-failed-to-install-performance-counters/

April 28th, 2015 1:59am

Hi Stefan,

Just tried it and this is the error I get in the event logs:

Product: Microsoft Monitoring Agent -- Internal Error 25237. -2147023824, The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Still get the same error:

Product: Microsoft Monitoring Agent -- Error 25211.Failed to install performance counters.. Error Code: -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.).

Cheers,

Mike

April 28th, 2015 2:02am

Hi Stefan,

I've successfully installed the agent. The server needed a reboot after fixing the corrupt perfmon counters.

I know have a issue with the agent on the domain controller. It kkeeps on greying out and have used hslockdown to allow the local system access by using the following command.

HSLockdown.exe "ManagementGroupName" /A "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users"

Further digging into the issue I see in the SCOM Management Server the following error "The entity servername is not heartbeating"

Written a SQL query to gather more information. SQL query I used is:

SELECT
ME.FullName,
HSO.StartDateTime AS OutageStartDateTime,
DATEDIFF (DD, hso.StartDateTime, GETDATE()) AS OutageDays,
HSO.ReasonCode,
DS.Name AS ReasonString
FROM  vManagedEntity AS ME
INNER JOIN     vHealthServiceOutage AS HSO ON HSO.ManagedEntityRowId = ME.ManagedEntityRowId
INNER JOIN     vStringResource AS SR ON HSO.ReasonCode =
REPLACE(LEFT(SR.StringResourceSystemName, LEN(SR.StringResourceSystemName)
CHARINDEX(., REVERSE(SR.StringResourceSystemName))), System.Availability.StateData.Reasons., )
INNER JOIN     vDisplayString AS DS ON DS.ElementGuid = SR.StringResourceGuid
WHERE (SR.StringResourceSystemName LIKE System.Availability.StateData.Reasons.[0-9]%)
AND DS.LanguageCode = ENU
AND ME.FullName like %SERVER NAME%   Change name here or leave %% for ALL SERVERS
ORDER BY OutageStartDateTime

This gives me the following reason behind the failure : "The heartbeat from System Center Management Service is missing."

Have I missed anything? The agent is running fine, however SCOM is reporting that the heartbeat is missing.

Any help on this would be great.

April 29th, 2015 9:26pm

Hi,

Ok the issue has now been resolved. After further troubleshooting and log investigation it turns out SCOM 2012 R2 agents on Windows Server 2012 R2 after some time stop heart-beating as per outlined here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2014/03/03/agents-on-windows-2012-r2-domain-controllers-can-stop-responding-or-heart-beating.aspx

Apply the hotfix as mentioned and all good.

April 30th, 2015 8:56pm

Hi,

Ok the issue has now been resolved. After further troubleshooting and log investigation it turns out SCOM 2012 R2 agents on Windows Server 2012 R2 after some time stop heart-beating as per outlined here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2014/03/03/agents-on-windows-2012-r2-domain-controllers-can-stop-responding-or-heart-beating.aspx

Apply the hotfix as mentioned and all good.

May 1st, 2015 12:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics