SCOM 2012 R2 - Logical Disk Free Space Alert

Hello,

Help me figure out how to create a subscription based on Logical Disk Free Space monitor for only specific server (Windows Server 2008 as example)?

I have an "Logical Disk Free Space is low" alert. It has source "C:", Full Path Name: SERVER1\C:, Alert Monitor: Windows 2008 Logical Disk Free Space Monitor. What should I select/configure during subscription creation to be able to receive alerts only for this specific SERVER1. I tried to limit it using "raised by an instance with a specific name" property and selecting SERVER1 but no success.

Please ad

September 11th, 2015 11:29am

I don't have a system to hand to check but I suspect specific object would need to be c: which will be a challenge to select the correct one.

You could (as a quick and dirty option) create a group with that specific object c: on Server 1 and target the subscription at the group.

Regards

Graham

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 5:31am

You could create groups using Dynamic Member population and target the subscription:

( Object is Windows Logical Hardware Component AND ( Device Name Equals C: ) AND ( Windows Computer.NetBIOS Computer Name Contains *) ) 

• Edited by Binoy Das 19 hours 41 minutes ago
  • Proposed as answer by Binoy Das 18 hours 23 minutes ago
September 14th, 2015 7:25am

Thank you. What if I want to monitor "Logical Disk Free Space" for all drives? Do I need to specify every device name or just use * ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 7:37am

For all drives on all computers - you'd just need to add the specific monitors for each operating system.

For all drives on a single computer - the group method again.Regards

Graham

September 14th, 2015 7:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics