SCOM 2012 R2 - Gateway Servers and Self-Signed Certificates?

Hi All

Looking for some clarification on the following as its a scenario I havent come across before and have been unable to find clear detail on what is or isnt possible etc.

Im working with a customer who has a requirement for Gateway Server in a number of DMZ's.  They have CA but do not wish the Certificates to be used in the DMZ's (although I know this would be the preferred approach and works) and have no budget for purchasing 3rd-party Licenses.  The monitored clients within the DMZ are likely to be a mix of both Windows and UNIX Servers.

Given the above scenario is it possible to achieve this, just using self-signed certificates?

My understanding so far, whilist certainly not reccomended, is that this is not possible technically either but just looking for experiences, thoughts from others etc.

Kind Regards

Andrew

September 2nd, 2015 4:14am

You may refer to Silvana Deac`s blog on self signed certificates with SCOM- GW/Agents -no PKI
http://blogs.technet.com/b/silvana/archive/2015/03/03/self-signed-certificates-with-scom-gw-agents-no-pki.aspx
Roger
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 5:18am

Thanks Roger

I had seen this but it appears unsupported, although I guess any workaround will be unsupported!

Will look to test this and provide feedback on results.

Kind Regards

Andrew 

September 2nd, 2015 6:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics