SCOM 2012 Error - Event ID 10000, A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing.....

I'm getting this error nightly on a particular server in the even viewer and I can't seem to figure out how to resolve this issue.  The error is below.

==========

Error:

A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing.

Discovery name: Microsoft.Windows.Server.2008.Computer.Discovery

Instance name: <my bad server>.xxxxxxxx.com

Management group name: <xxxxxxx>

==========

This particular server has been having some issues of not receiving an updated OpsMgrConnector.Config.xml file and I feel this may be a reason why.  Ive renamed the Health Service State folder a few times and I feel this has not resolved the issue.  Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

August 9th, 2013 1:02pm

Hi,

Some similar thread, you can try to increase the discovery time:

A scheduled discovery task was not started

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/22f269c3-3036-4c0c-9ef4-b0b72fc4d6a9/a-scheduled-discovery-task-was-not-started

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2013 6:24am

SCOM_guy24 - was this ever resolved for you?  Setting a discovery to longer than 24 hours does not seem like an appropriate solution...

Thanks!

CM

November 14th, 2013 9:14pm

Hello,

I am also seeing this exact error, but what's even more unusual is that I'm seeing it on Servers running Windows Server 2012 R2.

This discovery runs once every 24 hours by the looks of it.  I don't see how increasing discovery time will address this. Please can someone in the SCOM team look into this?  I think there's a bug in how the discovery script runs and how it 'exits' when Windows 2008 operating system is not found.

Thank you,

KB

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 12:31pm

Hello,

I am also seeing this exact error, but what's even more unusual is that I'm seeing it on Servers running Windows Server 2012 R2.

This discovery runs once every 24 hours by the looks of it.  I don't see how increasing discovery time will address this. Please can someone in the SCOM team look into this?  I think there's a bug in how the discovery script runs and how it 'exits' when Windows 2008 operating system is not found.

Thank you,

KB

• Edited by Karan Bhalla Tuesday, September 08, 2015 4:31 PM
September 8th, 2015 4:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics