SCOM 2012: Disable DNS 2008/r2 forwarder availability monitor.

Hi,

I've seen a few threads relating to this monitor and changing a setting to make it work properly. I have a slightly different question.

I want to disable the monitor for a couple of objects (Object1.com and object2.com). My concern is if choose to disable the monitor for a class it will not only stop monitoring Object1.com and object2.com, but any other objectX.com.

If I choose to disable the monitor from an issued alert it seems to allow me to disable monitoring of only object1.com. However, this only disables it on 1 DNS/ADC. As we have around 20 DNS/ADC's I don't want to do this task 40 times, 20 for object1.com and 20 object2.com.

Perhaps I've not understood my options correctly. Any advice welcome.

Regards,

John.

May 23rd, 2014 9:58am

To disable monitoring only for object1.com and enable it to other, you need to check on override screen> disable to specific object (object1.com}.

To disable monitoring DNS for all object {object1.com, object2.com ,.... so on}, you will need to check on overide screen>disable to group {DNS/Forwarder}

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 23rd, 2014 11:46am

Hi,

We can create a group for object1 and object2 and then overide the monitor to disable the monitor for that group.

Regards,

Yan Li

May 26th, 2014 5:00am

Good call Yan! I should have thought of that :(

I've created a group and applied the override to the group. This should solve my problem.

Thank you Yan and Mai for replying.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2014 5:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics