SCOM 2012. Exchange MP - Mailbox Database Copies Failed .. look healthy though?

Hi All,

wonder if anyone has seen this issues before I have seen a few on-line comments on previous versions of the management packs but surely this problem would be resolved.

I am using SCOM 2012 R2

Exchange MP 14.3.38.4

The Dashboard is constantly alerting "Database copies corrupted on server" and "Database copies failed on server"

However when looking at the Exchange console there are no issues with the health of the Databases or their copies etc.

I dont want to simply ignore or supress the alerts any advice on what is causing this?

June 30th, 2015 10:05am

Hi,

Please try the latest Management Pack, version: 14.3.210.2

Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring Management Pack

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=692

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2015 2:33pm

Thanks for you reply.

Will give this ago and report back.

The online catalogue is useless it doesn't give the most recent version and searching pointed to the one installed. I will test out the version you suggest.

June 30th, 2015 5:11pm

Everytime I install the one you suggested the MP version is still 14.3.38.4 both in the Control panel add/remove programs and in the MP version in SCOM.

This doesnt seem right! 

I downloaded the MP you suggested 14.3.210.2.

I stopped the Correlation Service unistalled the MP via control panel and deleted the MP via admin in OPs console.

When installing the latest version you suggested the MP's are still labelled 14.3.38.4 when I try to import.

Also still get same errors.

June 30th, 2015 5:25pm

Everytime I install the one you suggested the MP version is still 14.3.38.4 both in the Control panel add/remove programs and in the MP version in SCOM.

This doesnt seem right! 

I stopped the Correlation Service unistalled the MP via control panel and deleted the MP via admin in OPs console.

When installing the latest version you suggested the MP's are still labelled 14.3.38.4 when I try to import.

• Edited by pmathewson Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:32 PM
June 30th, 2015 9:22pm

This doesnt seem right! 

• Edited by pmathewson Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:32 PM
June 30th, 2015 9:22pm

Hi,

Here is the troubleshoot steps document on TechNet:

Database copy is "failed and suspended"; it is not keeping up with the changes on the active database copy

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff359982%28v=exchg.140%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

July 1st, 2015 5:23am

Hi,

Here is the troubleshoot steps document on TechNet:

Database copy is "failed and suspended"; it is not keeping up with the changes on the active database copy

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff359982%28v=exchg.140%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-21472173

July 1st, 2015 5:40am

Think I figured this out.

The error is a genuine alert as it appears the outgoing provider has implemented databases in the DAGs without creating copies so hence the error is generated regards the database copying failing... as it doesnt exist!

• Marked as answer by pmathewson 18 hours 57 minutes ago
July 1st, 2015 8:13am

The error is a genuine alert as it appears the outgoing provider has implemented databases in the DAGs without creating copies so hence the error is generated regards the database copying failing... as it doesnt exist!

• Marked as answer by pmathewson Wednesday, July 01, 2015 12:12 PM
July 1st, 2015 12:12pm

• Marked as answer by pmathewson Wednesday, July 01, 2015 12:12 PM
July 1st, 2015 12:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics