SCOM 2007 R2 Agents in Not Monitored state

Hi All,

I have a doubt with the below. What is the difference if a agent or few agents show "Not Monitored" in 1 view and show Healthy in the other view?

In my SCOM 2007 R2 in discovery inventory i see there are 2 agents which are in "Not Monitored" state.

The same agents in Agent managed in Administration tab shows Healthy.

What is the difference between both? Is there any action to be taken for this or can this be ignored ?

February 8th, 2015 12:04pm

It means that some of the Windows OS management pack does not successful deploy to the agent.
Please check
1) Agent action account should be
 Member of the local users group
 Member of the local Performance Monitor Users group
 Granted Log On Locally rights
2) What is the difference if a agent or few agents show "Not Monitored" in 1 view and show Healthy in the other view?
It is because your discovered Inventory type is Windows Server Operating system and not computers. If you change the type into computer, the view information is consistent.

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2015 9:31pm

That mean operation system management pack or application management pack can't monitor those agents. so that you need to configure management pack successfully or import correct management pack.

February 9th, 2015 4:43am

It means that some of the Windows OS management pack does not successful deploy to the agent.
Please check
2) What is the difference if a agent or few agents show "Not Monitored" in 1 view and show Healthy in the other view?
It is because your discovered Inventory type is Windows Server Operating system and not computers. If you change the type into computer, the view information is consistent.

Roger

February 9th, 2015 5:27am

Please check

Roger

February 9th, 2015 5:27am

Hi Mai Ali / Roger,

What is to be done to resolve this issue ? How to make these agents healthy ?

February 9th, 2015 3:41pm

make sure that the action account should be
Beside, please check the event log of problematic machine and find any event logged.

Roger

February 10th, 2015 5:55am

Hi Roger,

I have verified the below as you mentioned.

1.My Action is a member of local admins on the agents.

2. Logon locally rights are granted

3. Not sure of Member of the local Performance Monitor Users group.

If you can tell me how to verify it will be helpful so i can verify that as well.

February 10th, 2015 6:18pm

Hi,

Please try to flush health service state and caches for the two servers:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212884.aspx

And you may refer to the article below to troubleshoot not monitored agent:

Not Monitored and Gray Agents

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212723.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

February 12th, 2015 12:46pm

Hoping that your issue has been resolved, if not, please check OperationsManager log for any error events

February 15th, 2015 7:54am

Hi Guys,

Sorry i was out of station. I am checking the above and post you the output.

February 17th, 2015 8:40am

Hi Team,

I tried the first step but the task fails after 20 min any idea ?

I think i need to do this manually as in the first link. Let me check that as well.

• Edited by abdulma Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:57 AM
February 17th, 2015 9:56am

As we failed to flush health service state for that agent, how about uninstalling and reinstalling the agent on that machine.

Or you can try to manually stop health service and delete the health state folder on that server and then start the health service.

Regards,

Yan Li

February 18th, 2015 11:47am

Hi Yan Li,

Doing it manually worked. But i would like to know why do i have to do it freequently and for different views it goes Not monitored and for some views it is healthy.

Any specific reason for this ?

February 20th, 2015 3:25pm

Hi,

From my point of view, different views may display different monitored objects although they are the same machine. Some of them showed as not monitored, then it seems like that the specific management pack or monitors and rules have something stucked.

We can flush health service state and caches to check the result, in addition, operation manager event logs is used to help troubleshooting also.

Regards,

Yan Li

February 21st, 2015 6:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics