SCOM & SCCM how it writes/collects data to SQL database??
Can anyone tell me, is there anything related to both SCOM and SCCM how it works backend?? I want to know in deep how the agent will work and from where do it collect the data and how it send to database?  for example..RAM/processor details should be collected and the data should be sent to its database..... hardware and software inventory from the target to which table(destination)? where to get knowledge of this process on both client/agent and the database & application server. please kindly help me to get in depth knowledge.
June 11th, 2013 12:53pm

Well for the SCOM part first..

The SCOM agent just executes whatever we tell it to do. For instance for performance data in most cases it just pulls the data from windows performance counters. This is builtin behavior. There are a few cases where performance data is collected lets say through SQL queries or powershell or vb scripts. It all depends on the data modules used. The data is sent to a SCOM management server and that one places it in the database in the tables based on what type of data it is (performance, events, and so on). SO if you want to do something custom you would be looking into creating management packs, with possibly even custom data collection modules. These are still acording to guidelines and these are categorised when writing data back to the database (select which database, opsdb or datawarehouse, and select the type of data you are storing). The rest gets done on the backend and you should not play with.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2013 6:21am

hi 

refer below link.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7809.system-center-2012-operations-manager-survival-guide.aspx

Regards

July 5th, 2013 7:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics