SCOM2012 - SQL 2012 DB Log File Discovery isssue

Dear Experts,

I have some SQL 2012 servers, that has few log files (.LDF) stored in a specific drive. SCOM discovers these files but, has a wrong value in 'Display Name'.

For example. The log file name on the server is PROD and the file path c:\SQL\PROD.LDF, but in the console it shows name as UAT and file path as c:\SQL\PROD.LDF (file path is correct as expected). It always stays in critical state stating that the log file is out of space while it is not the case.

We even have tried wiping the agent off the server and reinstalling it. But it did not fix the issue. When I remove the agent 'Operations Manager' under event log disappears, but when I reinstall the agent after few days, I see the log created, but with older events too dated well prior to the uninstallation.

And the other thing is, we had this issue while using 2007 R2 and even after switching over to 2012 it continues.

SCOM 2012 was a fresh setup and was not an upgrade.

Hope someone could help me out with this.

Regards,

Saravanan

• Edited by SaraMS Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:48 PM more info
January 2nd, 2014 5:45pm

Hi,

Could you please let me know the details information?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 6th, 2014 11:42am

Hi Niki,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I hope the image can explain better. I have that log file on a SQL server, which is being discovered with a wrong File name but with the correct path. The actual file name what I see on the server is exactly the same as it shows in the File path in console. But 'File Name' in the console is completely irrelevant. Also, this log file is in critical state for log file full, which is statistically false. There are few other log files on this server, for which we do not have this issue.

Please let me know if any other information would be required

Regards,

Saravanan

January 9th, 2014 7:54pm

Hi, I think this property is confused with logical name of DB log as file name should be from the path. But this can be only corrected in original MP Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Discovery
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2014 9:55pm

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply, but I am not sure on the next step. Could you please share a bit more info?

Did you mean that there is something that should be done with the SQL 2012 discovery MP?

Regards,

Saravanan

January 13th, 2014 3:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics