SCHTASKS /Create A specified logon session does not exist
Windows 2008 32bit w/SP2 I am attempting to create several scheduled tasks from a batch file. I've attempted to create the task from the GUI and get the same error. The task utilizes a Domain Functional account. Command line in the .bat file is as follows: (The * simply mask actual values not suited for public display) SCHTASKS /Create /TN PniConv/TR D:\**.CaseManager.BatchProcess\PNICONV.bat /RU *COR***/555**** /RP ***** /SC DAILY /ST 21:05 Creating the task either from the above command or from the Task Scheduler GUI results in the following error: An error has occurred For task PNICONV. Error message: The Following error was reported: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. The Domain account is active and the password has recently been reset. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
April 14th, 2011 11:08pm

Hi Dave Normally you would specify the domain credentials as domain\user. You have a forward slash in there: *COR***/555**** Tony
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 14th, 2011 11:45pm

Yes, I caught and corrected that prior to getting the error mentioned above, just copied and pasted the incorrect example. I am using the command with Domain\User (backslash).
April 17th, 2011 7:25pm

Also, you have no space before the forward slash here: PniConv/TR Tony
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 17th, 2011 10:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics