SBS Server unable to add Domain Groups to WSS 3.0
I have a SharePoint 3 farm running on Windows SBS 2008 Premium. Obviously, SharePoint is installed on the DC (along with Exchange etc). The SharePoint databases are all housed on the seperate Windows 2008 (non R2) Server running SQL Server 2005. My problem is that no Domain Groups are available as a selection in the people-picker. I'm trying to add Domain Groups (security groups, not distribution groups) to my SharePoint Groups. For example: I want to add Domain Users to particular SharePoint "Visitors" group for a site, but the group does not show up in the people-picker window. Trying to type the group in manually to window doesn't help. Any thoughts?
March 30th, 2010 7:55pm

Hello, as this belongs to SBS version please use one of the following forums/newsgroups: www.sbs2008.com There are the SBS experts.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2010 12:13pm

Are you kidding me? I thought the point of this forum was for Technet users to get technical support (supposedly within 2 days)! I went to the link you provided, it simply provides links to Microsoft Connect, which seems to only allow viewing of the newsgroups; no responding or posting capabilities. The link on the page for setting up an NNTP account is broken, which will make it kind of hard to configure an NNTP client. This is what my Technet subscription gets me? This shouldn't be listed as a benefit. I've waisted quite a bit of time on this. I'm quite underwhelmed and disappointed.
March 31st, 2010 5:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics