SBS2008 with TWO NICs Solution
I have DELL Server PE2900 with two Intel-ExtremeII-GIGA NICs. MY OS is SBS2008 Premium. I have also 2 Switches (3COM)of Giga Speed one on each floor. Can I connect One NIC to theSwitch on the first floor, and the Other NIC to the secondSwitch on the second floor . ???I know that SBS2008 does not support 2 NICs, Also I cannotTEAM the two NICs becuse SBS2008 does not support teaming. I need to work with 2 NICs and Two Switchs in one Network so each segment sees the other segment and share the same resources in the office.
March 31st, 2009 12:59pm

I cannot see why you would want to do this. If you really want to bridge these two switches that is fine, but don't use your DC to do it! If the two switches are bridged, your server can be seen by any machine using either switch.Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2009 3:46am

Wont the performance of the traffic be better if I use both (2 NICs) instead of one. The two switches are bridged now, wont be better if each one work on a sparate segment, because each switch is located on different floor.
April 1st, 2009 9:56am

hi there,there are several factors you need to take care of when using multiple NIC. single NIC might suffice your needs , and it totally depends on your applications how they have configured and how you want to route.it also depends if you have applications which needs loadsharing , in that condition you would require multiple NIC's . I would still say browsing kb's of data doesnt bother if you still have 1 NIC or 2 NIC's sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2009 1:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics