SATA RAID drivers?
Where can we find a "list" of compatible SATA RAID drivers for Windows Server 2008? At a minimum, a list showing the drivers included on the server's Install DVD.
February 29th, 2008 12:30am

If you're wondering whether your current server hardware will install Windows Server 2008 with ease, run the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator for Windows Server 2008. One of the functions of this tool is assessingthe devices ona computer, including whether device drivers are available via Windows Update or on the Windows Server 2008 installation media. If you bought a server from a major manufacturer I'd recommend installing it using the media provided by the manufacturer. This way you can be sure you have the latest firmware, the latest drivers,anyhardware specific hotfixes and a seamless installation experience. (most of these media have an option toperform a non-branded clean installation) If you're looking to buy a server you can consult the Windows Server Catalog website. Itlists three categories for Windows Server 2008: Certified for Windows Server 2008 Designed for Windows Server 2008 Works with Windows Server 2008 If you're planning oninstalling 64bit versions of Windows Server 2008 be sure to avoid unsigned drivers.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 2nd, 2008 11:05am

I was able to solve my issue by using the Vista x64 bit hardware drivers. All of the cards that I have show their vendors "We do not have current drivers to support Windows Server 2008. Some users have found that the Vista drivers may work." It always feels that it is a constant game of the other vendors either playing catch up with Microsoft or they wait until the demand "screaming" at them is enough for them to warrant their Engineers time to write a simple driver. Thank you for your response.
March 3rd, 2008 3:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics