Ruuning Reporing service from Azure Vm to get data from Azure SQL

Dear all,

We have an azure SQL server database that our customers are using in order to handle tracability of product that we are offering with our Platform.

Each Customer have their own account on our Platform which is conected to our back end database
Customers gets identified by there email adress and based on this they can see only their data from the ASP.net web app we build.

Now I need to implement some reporting for my customers. As RSS is not part anymore from the Azure service, the only way is to build an Azure VM with sql server running Reporting services.

Then here are my questions :

- I guess I could build report as normally do on Premise using report builder correct ?

- In order my Customer needs to runs their own report what is the way to give them access only to their data in most effective and secure manner ?

I guess that as my user will need to run reports through IIS web page, I would need to create an account to each of my Customer in the Azure VM first, then how to deliver them there own report area ?

Thanks for those clarification

regards

serge

March 29th, 2015 3:52pm

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. In the meantime, you  could have a check on the below link and check if it helps.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/jj992719.aspx

Regards,

Mekh

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 10:01am

Mekh,

Your answer is partly correct.

Hi serge,

1. (build report as normally do on Premise using report builder) - Yes

2. (run the report what is the way to give them access only to their data in most effective and secure manner ?) - I am from SQL Azure Database specialty and I have not encountered this scenario. Perhaps, I am hoping the below link will help.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519560.aspx

Mekh,

This post can be pushed to 'Reporting service' forum link as someone in that specialty would've encountered similar issue.

Again Serge, it'll be lot easier if you can open a support incident with Microsoft with which you'd be able to primarily talk and clear all your doubts on phone.

I'd be really happy if someone from RS could answer this scenario for Serge.

If you have any questions specific to 'SQL Azure DB', feel free to write to me @ cts-karthkri@live.com.

Have a good day!

KKB

March 30th, 2015 10:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics