Runtime environmental differences between Windows Explorer Shell and Windows Command Shell on Windows Server 2008
Hi, I am configuring an application on Windows 2008 server. The scenario is that the application runs fine when I open/double-click the application executable from Windows Explorer (GUI) when I invoke the same application execuatble from any of the automation platform (batch file, Powershell or even VB script) it throws errors indicating it couldn't locate some the configuration files. The configuration files are available in the application install folder which are working for the application when invoke from Windows Explorer. The weird error behavior of the application when automated is, it's trying to locate the configle files in C: drive when pwd is C: and I launch application by absolute path trying to locate the configle files in %userprofile% folder when pwd is application install folder and I directly invoke the executable trying to locate the configle files in parent folder, when I copy the application install folder some other path on the system So, I am trying to understand what's the difference between the Windows Explorer Shell and Windows Command Shell that's causing the application errors? Govardhan Gunnala Windows Technologist
July 26th, 2011 3:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics