Running anti-spam with ISA
I'd like to run an anti-spam program on the same computer that's running ISA. But the issue is that ISA wants to bind to all the ports on all the IPs. I understand this policy, but is there a way to let my anti-spam program bind to Port 25 on one of the IPs on its own? I don't see a way to do this in ISA. Opening up an access rule doesn't allow it. ----------- Ron E Biggs Network Administrator Entertainment Studios
March 29th, 2011 1:36pm

This is ISA 2006, running on a dual-horned Server 2003 sitting on our DMZ. ----------- Ron E Biggs Network Administrator Entertainment Studios
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2011 1:36pm

not sure what you mean that ISA is binding to all ports. just open the port in the firewall by using Access Rule such as: from: external to: local host protocol: smtp users: all you may have the problem because there may be some already configured Server Publishing Rule that publishes port 25 on some interfaces. ondrej.
March 30th, 2011 8:01am

Hm. Well I guess the issue was that I just created an access rule to the IP address it was listening on, and not to localhost as a whole. Once I made an access rule to localhost it works fine. Would be nice to have an access rule just open to the relevant IP but I'll take this. Thanks.----------- Ron E Biggs Network Administrator Entertainment Studios
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2011 6:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics