Running a exe file in IIS
Guys,I have develop a web site which have to run an exe file in IIS. It was developed with Visual Studio and when I test it with Visual Studio Embebed Web Server it works fine, but when I run it in IIS doesn't. I know process start to run, but none event run. The process stays open forever and never close, because the event which should close the process doesn't run.Unfortunality I can run it another way, because what we need depends of a windows forms component.Since that works fine in local server, I beleive the problem is the IIS is blocking something because of security reasons. Do you know what I can do to it runs fine?Could you give a hand, please? :-)Regards.Lawrence Carvalho
September 19th, 2008 9:52am

HiLawrence, Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Server issues in this forum. As your issue is related to IIS, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot it. I suggest discussing the issue in our IIS newsgroup. IIS newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.inetserver.iis&cat=en_US_02ceb021-bb43-476d-8f8f-6c00a363ccf5&lang=en&cr=US I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2008 2:04am

Hi Lawrence, Did you get any solution? I am facing same, plz help if you get any Regards, Tatva105
June 20th, 2011 6:19am

Hello Tim, Link is not working, I also need the solution Please help, its quite urgent Regards, Tatva105
June 20th, 2011 6:24am

Guys, I have develop a web site which have to run an exe file in IIS. It was developed with Visual Studio and when I test it with Visual Studio Embebed Web Server it works fine, but when I run it in IIS doesn't. I know process start to run, but none event run. The process stays open forever and never close, because the event which should close the process doesn't run. Unfortunality I can run it another way, because what we need depends of a windows forms component. Since that works fine in local server, I beleive the problem is the IIS is blocking something because of security reasons. Do you know what I can do to it runs fine? Could you give a hand, please? :-) Regards. Lawrence Carvalho How do you start the "exe" file ? Is it a "COM" component hosted inside an "exe" so that you just create an instance of the program and invoke some method or is it a standalone exe you start by spawning a "shell" ? In either case, did you ensure that all the needed DLLs/Libraries are available to the program whenever it's started by the IIS user account ?
June 20th, 2011 9:14am

hmm Is this thread really solved? How to start an exe file from IIS..If some code doesn't work, don't worry help is on the way.. don't forget to mark your thread as solved or at least vote as helpful when done... Contact: @Twitter Blogger
July 21st, 2012 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics