Running a exe file in IIS
Guys,I have develop a web site which have to run an exe file in IIS. It was developed with Visual Studio and when I test it with Visual Studio Embebed Web Server it works fine, but when I run it in IIS doesn't. I know process start to run, but none event run. The process stays open forever and never close, because the event which should close the process doesn't run.Unfortunality I can run it another way, because what we need depends of a windows forms component.Since that works fine in local server, I beleive the problem is the IIS is blocking something because of security reasons. Do you know what I can do to it runs fine?Could you give a hand, please? :-)Regards.Lawrence Carvalho
September 19th, 2008 4:52pm

HiLawrence, Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Server issues in this forum. As your issue is related to IIS, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot it. I suggest discussing the issue in our IIS newsgroup. IIS newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.inetserver.iis&cat=en_US_02ceb021-bb43-476d-8f8f-6c00a363ccf5&lang=en&cr=US I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2008 9:04am

Hi Lawrence, Did you get any solution? I am facing same, plz help if you get any Regards, Tatva105
June 20th, 2011 1:19pm

Hello Tim, Link is not working, I also need the solution Please help, its quite urgent Regards, Tatva105
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2011 1:24pm

Guys, I have develop a web site which have to run an exe file in IIS. It was developed with Visual Studio and when I test it with Visual Studio Embebed Web Server it works fine, but when I run it in IIS doesn't. I know process start to run, but none event run. The process stays open forever and never close, because the event which should close the process doesn't run. Unfortunality I can run it another way, because what we need depends of a windows forms component. Since that works fine in local server, I beleive the problem is the IIS is blocking something because of security reasons. Do you know what I can do to it runs fine? Could you give a hand, please? :-) Regards. Lawrence Carvalho How do you start the "exe" file ? Is it a "COM" component hosted inside an "exe" so that you just create an instance of the program and invoke some method or is it a standalone exe you start by spawning a "shell" ? In either case, did you ensure that all the needed DLLs/Libraries are available to the program whenever it's started by the IIS user account ?
June 20th, 2011 4:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics