Running SubReports as batch Collated

Using SSRS 2008 I am attempting to create a batch set of reports. Let me explain the situation. The client wants to select a series of ID's (Invoice Numbers) and print three separate reports for each collated by ID. There are Multiple invoice numbers that need to print 3 separate reports.

1. Master Report
  2. SubReportA
  3. SubReportB
  4. SubReportC

Currently I have a Master Report with 3 sub-reports as listed above. Passing in a list through a Parameter called @Filter which is set to allow multiple values the order of printing is 

invoice 1-10 SubreportA
Invoice 1-10 SubreportB
Invoice 1-10 SubreportC

What I need is 
Invoice 1 Sub 1-3
Invoice 2 Sub 1-3
Invoice 3 Sub 1-3... etc...

Any thoughts?

Tried to upload a picture of the layout but it wouldn't allow me to do so

August 20th, 2015 5:23pm

Hi AgileScooter,

In Reporting Services, we can embed the subreport in the detail rows of the main report, then pass parameter to filter the subreport. When selecting the value for the parameter within the main report, main report and subreport should display corresponding records based on the selected parameter value. For more information, please refer to this article: How to: Add a Subreport and Parameters (Reporting Services).

In your scenario, if you are not going to display main report and subreport filtered by the same parameter value, please share report design of those four reports and sample data. Also please provide screenshots about expected results. You can upload the screenshots on your OneDrive and share the link here. Or you can verify your account then you can upload images: Verify Your Account 29.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 7:02am

Thanks Qiuyun, I'll take a look at that. Once I get Verified I'll load some images showing the layout.

Basically, The main or Master page is nothing more than the Header, Footer and accepts a list of ID's through a parameter called @Filter. The sub-reports contain the body of the reports and take a parameter of ID's called @Filter. Pretty simple design. I'll give the embedding in the detail row a try but I  think the result might be the same. 

August 21st, 2015 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics